Saturday, May 14, 2011

Autism Jabberwocky Notes

Just a few semi-random notes about the blog.

First, due to the recent Blogger issues, about four or five comments were lost.  If you commented on something since Wednesday, you might want to go back and see if your comment is still there.  If it isn't, feel free to re-add it.  Or, if you don't have your original comment, feel free to drop me a line and I will re-add your comment as an anonymous user.

Which brings me to my second note.  Due to some feedback that several people have given me, I have changed the comment settings on the site so that people can leave anonymous comments.  I had initially prevented anonymous comments because of the spam that they brought, but since Blogger has added spam filtering I think it is safe to relax this.  Hopefully people who had trouble commenting in the past will be able to comment now.

Third, I am going to try an experiment with a company called clickochet and while I am doing this you may see some ads on the the right side of the site.  Let me just say that I am not trying to make any money from this site nor will I receive any money if anyone happens to click on the ads.  The only thing that I will receive in return is a chance to run ads of my own - which I would use exclusively to promote this site.  If this system works the way that it sounds like it should, I may keep it around.  Otherwise, the ads will disappear.  I suspect it is going to be the latter and the ads will quickly disappear,

If you are interested, Robert Cringely has a good write-up of how the system works.  But again, I will not be making any money from these ads nor am I trying to turn a profit from this site.  So click if you want, don't if you don't.  Or if you think I am being silly, tell me that too.

Finally, I think I am going to slightly change what I am posting here.  I want to write more than I do but, frankly, I don't have the time to devote to it right now.  Who knew that three children - with or without autism - plus a full-time job and the rest of life could take up so much time.  So what I think I am going to do is post more frequent shorter posts, such as the one earlier today on asthma, while still doing the longer ones as I have the time (I have three or so in the queue that I am working on right now).

Hopefully this system will work so there aren't stretches of weeks and weeks without anything appearing here.  Because there is a lot of interesting information about autism that I come across everyday that I don't have the time to go into detail about.  If you don't think that the newer style is worthwhile, please let me know.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy where Jabberwocky is headed.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for fixing the commenting issue! :)

    ReplyDelete